A MAZE. Museum Online Talk
"AR we ready?"
WATCH THE SESSION RECORDING HERE
On May 15, International Museum Day, the Leibniz Research Museums hosted, as part of A MAZE. Berlin 2022, an online panel discussing "AR we ready? Augmented and Museums".
Let’s bring museums to life with Augmented Reality technology!
AR technology has advanced significantly over the past few years, making the jump from the gaming world to attractions and museums across the globe. Fun and engaging AR experiences can present information in a way that connects with visitors. Instead of presenting passive displays, museums would like to use this technology to allow users to participate and to make new connections as scenes come to life.
How can museums harness this technology to create and communicate content? And can this digital content bring more visitors to museums?
These questions were discussed as they relate to our hackathon "AR you ready?", which took place just before the A MAZE. Festival. AR artists from all over the world worked with seven Leibniz Research Museums to develop AR-prototypes to bring the museums to life.
Panel of the A MAZE. Museum Online Talk
Head of Education, Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum, Mainz
AR Developer & Participant of the A MAZE. Museum Online Hackathon
A MAZE. Museum Online Talk is part of the official program of A MAZE. / Berlin 2022 - 11th International Games and Playful Media Festival, is supported by the Aktionsplan Leibniz Research Museums and hosted by A MAZE. in cooperation with the following Leibniz Research Museums:
- Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum – Leibniz Research Museum for Geo-resources (DBM)
- Deutsches Museum, Munich (DM)
- German Maritime Museum – Leibniz Institute for Maritime History, Bremerhaven (DSM)
- Germanisches Nationalmuseum, Nuremberg (GNM)
- Museum Koenig – Leibniz Institute for the Analysis of Biodiversity Change, Bonn (LIB)
- Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum – Leibniz Research Institute for Archaeology, Mainz (RGZM)
- Senckenberg Society for Nature Research, Frankfurt am Main, Görlitz, Dresden (SGN)